Fun and engaging keynote speaker teaching effective, actionable strategies that will bring the best out of your people.
Ben Whiting achieved international success as an awardwinning magician and mind-reader by creating an atmosphere on stage where the impossible was possible and where human connection had no limits. As an entertainer, he’s performed in over 30 countries, had multiple television appearances, and his clients include the likes of Crystal Cruises, Oprah’s HARPO studios, and Facebook.
Recognizing his passion for helping others in their careers and day-to-day lives, Ben began focusing on keynote speaking and leadership development in 2014. Shortly after delivering his first TEDx talk, he was hired by an international leadership development firm to create and deliver content around the globe. His consulting clients have included international companies like UNiDAYS, as well as Fortune 50 corporations such as Schlumberger.
Today, Ben combines his backgrounds in leadership development and corporate entertainment to help organizations create cultures that can achieve the impossible (while having A LOT of fun). He’s been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, the New York Times, and his clients include Apple, Google, American Express, and Amazon.
CREATING A LIMITLESS CULTURE™ KEYNOTE
What do you get when you combine a background in leadership development with decades of corporate entertainment experience? You get something that is fun and engaging, and that teaches effective, actionable strategies that will bring the best out of your people. This is what Ben Whiting's Creating a Limitless Culture™ keynote delivers.
In addition to experiencing draw-dropping (and often hilarious) magic and mind reading, your group will be able to instantly increase productivity through better communication, reduce drama by learning how to create and sustain quality relationships in the workplace, and be able to thrive amidst constant change with a simple mindset shift that will also help them find more happiness and fulfillment in their day-to-day jobs (all while having A LOT of fun!). Ben has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, the New York Times, and has employed his signature style of using magic and entertainment as tools to teach and inspire clients such as Apple, Google, American Express, and Amazon.
Partial list of Takeaways from Ben's Creating a Limitless Culture™ Keynote:
- Communicate like a Mind Reader: Ben will outline three principles that mind readers use while performing, and how these principles can be applied to everyday conversations with customers, colleagues, clients, and friends to increase trust, likeability, and inspire action in others.
- Connect like a Showman: After someone from the audience earns a standing ovation, everyone will learn how the psychology behind standing ovations can be used to create and sustain high quality relationships in the workplace, and how we can leverage those relationships for motivation, influence, and turn groups of people into high performing teams.
- Learning a Magician’s Mindset: Ben will help your group discover a simple mindset shift that, when applied, will help them thrive amidst constant change, overcome imposter syndrome, and find more happiness and fulfillment in their day-to-day jobs.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR CONNECTION AND INFLUENCE BREAKOUT/WORKSHOP
What’s the difference between a great idea communicated poorly and a poor idea? Most would say there’s no difference all, but the reality is there’s a huge loss in value when we can’t communicate valuable ideas. Most people don’t realize that only 10% of what we communicate is in the words we use. The majority of what we communicate is in how we say those words and in our body language. In this workshop/breakout session, Ben will use his background in theatre and corporate entertainment to make sure the value your team offers is clearly understood by anyone who communicates with them. This is Ben's most popular Breakout.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Principles of Engagement: Learn the science behind what makes people want to pay
attention and how to apply it to your everyday communication
- The Voice: Discover how to use the most powerful tool you have for engagement, so you
can make sure people don’t just hear you, but care about what you have to say
- Body Language 101: If what we’re communicating with our body contradicts what we’re
saying, we run the risk of losing trust. Here, your team will come to understand how an
effective posture can build trust, and how the right hand gestures can influence
- Storytelling for Connection: In this section your people will learn the basics of good
storytelling and how to use them to influence and motivate action in others
CREATING A FEEDBACK CULTURE BREAKOUT/WORKSHOP
The ability to give and receive feedback is crucial to the development of a high performing team. This workshop teaches your team the feedback skills needed to challenge each other and collaborate effectively to drive powerful results for your organization.
Your teams will learn:
- A new style for delivering feedback that supports the growth and development of others
- How to accept feedback and be an active listener in feedback conversations
- Principles for building a feedback culture, so feedback is an ongoing conversation and not a once-in-a-year experience
- The one thing we must avoid when trying to give effective feedback
Attendees will experience an instant shift in their ability to:
- Deliver feedback in a way that doesn't spark drama or tension
- Actively manage the feedback others share with them so they can grow and develop
- Incorporate feedback into their everyday conversations, creating a culture of growth and collaboration
THRIVING AMIDST CONSTANT CHANGE BREAKOUT/WORKSHOP
This training equips your people to manage their reactions to change so they can support their team and adapt effectively to ever-changing conditions.
Your team will learn:
- The "truth" about change and what behaviors they can develop to be more prepared for it
- The 5 most common reactions to change, and how to identify them within themselves
- The power of a Growth Mindset and how to make change work for them
Attendees will experience an instant shift in their ability to:
- Identify when they are feeling a reaction to change so they can pivot to a more effective response
- Manage their change mindset, so they are responding to change and not reacting
- View change as a catalyst for successful growth rather than a roadblock
Ben’s keynote was informative, entertaining, and inspirational! It was amazing to see our conference attendees on their fee, clapping, laughing, all while learning valuable information and strategies for connecting with others. Immediately after the presentation I was receiving feedback from our group on how fantastic the whole experience was. To top if off, Ben was a pleasure to work with behind the scenes.
Produce Pro, Inc.
Ben took us on an incredible journey that we thoroughly enjoyed. I was blown away by his positive attitude and the lengths he went to personalize the lesson.
Ben is a master at connecting with people. I mean, it’s truly next-level stuff. His ability to build connection and relate to people is a force to be reckoned with. Whether he’s speaking from the keynote stage or facilitating a leadership development workshop, you’ll be rapt from the outset.